Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wednesday January 30th, Evening Update

Should've held the AMZN puts, but I make it a rule not to be net long or short before an earnings report. I picked up some GOOG at $538.82 average after hours due to the AMZN mess. I also picked up some BIDU at $252.12. Was able to grab some FMCN at 44.35. All are going to be overnight scalp trades for tomorrow morning. Near term I'm bearish on all of them actually.

We have GOOG earnings tomorrow night. Also ISRG, which has recently suffered a fairly massive selloff. I like the company due to its proprietary technology, but it seems the market is taking anything with a high valuation to the woodshed. AMZN had decent earnings and guidance, but still sold off.

We have some economic data tomorrow morning so watch out for that. Otherwise, I'm curious as to whether we're going to see another delayed FOMC reaction like we've been experiencing (fall on the rate cut first, then rally). I must say that even though the 50 bp cut was largely expected by the market, I'm still actually glad to see it happen!

No comments: