Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday January 7th Premarket

Closed out FSLR at 252.5 premarket with that upgrade from Merrill from Friday at 245.36 for a $7.14/share profit. As a very short term trader, I generally take the profits when I see them and also stop out very quickly. Therefore, many readers will observe that I will "miss out" on a lot of further upside on a number of trades. However, my strategy on trading is: trade profusely, and trade on probabilities, while attempting to achieve some sort of consistency on achieving those higher probabilities. I will tell you now that there are too many trades to count where I could've practically retired had I held those positions, but on the same token, as many would have resulted in losses leading to a trading retirement. In trading, risk management is first and foremost.

Lots of chatter about the market opening higher after the steep drop we've seen, but I'm not convinced any rally will hold at this point.On the positive side we've got the CES show in Vegas which might buoy the tech sector briefly. Other than that, earnings season starts anew tomorrow with Alcoa (AA). See you after the open.

No comments: