Friday, February 29, 2008

Doing taxes as a Trader

Is definitely more work - spent the last 2 days working on my Schedule D. Looks like the market is as volatile as ever. I think we finally got enough bad news to drag the market lower this morning. For a while it felt like bad news = good news for the market! Also, it's important to note that usually, prices move enough in a direction to cause everyone's sentiment to turn, then it finally goes the other way. It tends to frustrate the masses emotionally, and that's why investing/trading is so difficult.

2 comments:

mr_moola said...

Good luck with your schedule D. It usually takes me about 4 days to mine. I use Turbo Tax which helps quite a bit.

RobinhoodTrader said...

Yeah over the years I've developed a system using excel and a few formulas, but it still takes quite a number of hours to sort out.